CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Marine Corp and Craft? Heck yeah!!

 
 Ok, here it is, I actually made something and it was a lot of fun. I was on a few challenge sites and saw a way to knock out a few of them and create something fun and functional for my son. Incase I haven't mentioned to some of you, my son left for the Marine Corp. He graduated from Parris Island and is now at Camp Lejuene for more training. While he was in boot camp he got a lot of mail!
Thank you to all that wrote him, but I know that he didn't have a lot of time to write back. Hopefully soon he will be able to start some letter writing of his own. So....in that thought, I made him some masculine....stationery that comes in a box that I made and cards that I made 3 of each card for a wee bit of an assortment. AND I used nothing but recycled STUFF!! Seriously, glitter left over from Christmas project, paper inside black cards....cut from bottom halves of typing paper that were blank. The paper I used for the cards....also all scrap paper. So I went green for my soldier, for my pocket book and for one of my challenges!!! LOL. I can't wait for him to get it. I know Brad, he'll get a kick out of it.
So here it is, I did the 3R's for The Corrosive Challenge Blog by Janet.
I kept it Clean and Simple for my Marine, and for the challenge hosted by Challenge Up Your Life.
I made 3 of each card for Brad's stationery for the challenge over
at OohLaLa's Challenge Blog . Hope you all like it!! Talk to you soon!!

4 Comments:

Doreen

Great cards.Thanks for sharing this with us at Ooh La La.xxx

Wendi

Fabulous cards and a great gift for your son love the box too
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
Wendi

Renata van Miltenburg

Hi girlfriend! Just stopping by to say hi :D

Great box with cards, think he loved it!

Liefs, Renata

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff)

What a fabulous idea, and extra kudos points for making it ALL out of recycled bits, great job :D
Thanks so much for playing along with Corrosive Challenges :D